Thursday, April 16, 2009

Faith?

Sometimes I doubt; sometimes being “more than a rare occurrence.”

Is this the voice of the enemy, or the voice of reality?

A good portion of my doubting comes from my logical thinking and incessant striving for comprehension of “the big picture” and how everything works together. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.”(Prov 3:5-6) Doctors of the days of old come to mind, with their knowledge limited to the four humors. In that knowledge they drew conclusions and in many ways were dead wrong (I couldn’t resist :). Our knowledge, as there’s, is limited.

Sometimes it feels like my “foundation” and faith is a rug under me sliding around a little (a scary feeling). Hardly the roots of a planted tree near streams of water I desire (see Ps 1). But I choose, by God's grace, not to stand on a flimsy floor covering, but rather on the Rock. “Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me. Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide me.”(Ps 31:2-3) “Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation.”(Ps 95:1)

No comments:

Post a Comment