Sunday, August 1, 2010

When

When can I look into your eyes and see Jesus piercing my soul with tender words?

When can I cancel my plans because you had a bad day at work and need to talk?

When can I read scripture over you as you lie next to me peacefully sleeping?

When will I lack nothing of value and have full confidence in you, offering you my praise?

When can I roll my eyes as you put in your favorite movie for the 100th time?

When will I have the privilege and the challenge to love you as Christ has loved the church?

When can I send you a flower at the most random time to remind you I'm thinking of you?

When will I be infused with anxious anticipation as the test turns blue?

When will I be naked before you in all ways, feeling no shame?

When will I become we?

When?

When Daddy says, “It's time.”

“You have stolen my heart, my sister, my bride; you have stolen my heart with one glance of your eyes, with one jewel of your necklace. How delightful is your love, my sister, my bride! How much more pleasing is your love than wine, and the fragrance of your perfume than any spice!” (Song of Solomon 4:9-10)

“Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you by the gazelles and by the does of the field: Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires.” (Song of Solomon 2, 3, 8)

“Your kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.” (Matthew 6:10)

No comments:

Post a Comment