Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Acceptance

God gave me this blog early Sunday morning. Been busy/drained till now.
-----------------------------------------
Recently, a few friends have said I’ve challenged them. Great. I mean, really, I am grateful the Lord uses me. But so often it doesn’t feel like “enough.” And I question, “What’s my purpose?”

I know the general purpose of my life: to praise and worship God, and to bring Him glory. Really, to just “be” with Him. I so often question if I’m doing that. I think at times it seems to be that I am doing those things, but so often not. I feel if I ask certain people close to me (especially my mother), they’ll say I am. But I dismiss it so easily (and foolishly). I have such a high need for affirmation, yet I truly seek affirmation from the harshest critic, whoever that may be (I’m not thinking of anyone in particular). It’s like, “If I can get their affirmation, then I really know I’m doing things correctly.” Umm…“What then shall we say that Abraham, our forefather, discovered in this matter? If, in fact, Abraham was justified by works, he had something to boast about—but not before God. What does the Scripture say? ‘Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness (Romans 4:1-3).’”

So, A or B: do I think God’s acceptance isn’t enough (pride? confusion?), or do I not truly believe I am completely accepted?

Hmm…

No comments:

Post a Comment